Earlier this month, Capcom revealed its newest Online Pro Tour Ranking Events. Today, they announced further details and a few changes to what was previously mentioned.
First, the Dominican Republic has been added to events for Latin America. This is a great change for the community, and will add further competition for the Latin American region. Be aware, however, that if you are a player in this area looking to get registered and participate in the Capcom Pro Tour’s Online Ranking Events, you now have even more competition in securing your slot. While this is great news overall for the scene, it will likely mean less spots to compete for overall of the 256 slots available.
Second, the Capcom Pro Tour has announced that many of its online events will be receiving new dates.
Thus far, the dates for the events are:
- Asia/Oceania One: (including Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) – August 7th at 10am SST.
- Asia/Oceania Two: (including Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan) – October 22nd at 10am JST.
- Europe: (including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.) – August 13th and August 27th at 10 am BST.
- Latin America: (including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay.) – August 6th and September 10th at 10 am BRT.
- North America: (including United States, and Canada) – July 31st and September 11th at 10am PST.
Third, to play in the Capcom Online Pro Tour Ranking Events, you will now need a bandwidth and connection of 3Mbps upload speed in order to ensure things go smoothly overall.
The Online Ranking Events will be fiercely competitive, both in gameplay and in registration. If you meet the requirements and are interested, be sure to register, many will try, 256 will succeed.